[REVIEW] Fresh Beauty Quick Face Masks - Rose Face Mask, Black Tea Instant Perfecting, Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask

April 9, 2018

I have been hearing a lot of reviews about fresh, but never really try it on. At first, I got really attracted by its name - fresh with the feeling like you will for sure get fresh after using it. After a bit of researching, I found that its core value of bringing natural ingredients to the beauty world is quite fascinating. In fact, fresh is credited with a number of industry first and have pioneered the use of many natural ingredients in beauty, including soy, sake, and most notable sugar. 

So, I got myself a few fresh products (also cleanser and toner- not included in this review). This time I will share about this mask set that I got from Sephora store. While there are a lot of different type of masks from fresh and I really wanted to try out some of them, this is the perfect trio set with the combination of three types of mask in smaller size. I think this is the Christmas/ New Year limited edition set, so you might not able to find the same set now.

1. Rose Face Mask (Hydrate)
This Rose Face Mask has a unique gel formula infused with real rose petals and pure rosewater that hydrates and tones the complexion of our skin. Some key ingredients include the pure rosewater, cucumber extract, aloe vera gel, porphyridium cruentum (algae), and antioxidant-rich green tea. The above bottle shown has 30ml, while the original size has 100ml.
 There are real rose petals spotted within the mask gel.

Price: 30ml - S$38/RM109; 100ml - S$95 /RM280

Scent
Just like its name Rose mask, I really like the rose scent it has. Very soothing and relaxing.
For someone who is not fond of rose smell, maybe this is not the right mask for you.

Texture
Even though the mask has a gel, glue-y texture, it is not sticky at all. To my surprise the rose petals can literally melt into my skin, and I don't feel anything rough other than the smooth texture. 
Direction to Apply
After cleansing, apply the mask onto your cleansed, moist skin, avoiding eye area. Leave on for 5-10 minutes and rinse with water. Can be used daily.
As you can see, just a thin layer that enough to cover my whole face is suffice.

Rating: 9/10
The best part of this part of this mask if that it only takes 5 - 10 minutes and it can be applied daily.
If you wanted a quick mask for hydration, this would be a great one. 
The hydration effect might not be as strong as those one-time sheet masks with plenty serum at first, but I felt that my face is well hydrated after using it in a daily basis.

2. Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask (Moisturizing)
Contains advanced antioxidants for hydrating treatment effect that help to defend against wrinkle-causing free radicals, while softening, smoothing, and enhancing luster. Able to immediately soften skin complexion. Some key ingredients include black tea ferment, lychee seed extract, polysaccharides, and jimaca root juice. This mask has been proven to have a significant moisturizing effect lasting for 6 hours.
 The innovative formula’s velvety whipped texture has an immediate cooling effect to refresh the skin and the senses. 
 Direction to ApplyCleanse and towel-dry skin. Apply to the face, avoiding the eye area. Leave on for 5-10 minutes and rinse. Use 2-3 times per week.
 Price: 100ml - S$144/ RM410

Scent: 
It has a mixture of scent, which is quite hard to describe. Maybe a mixture of tea, lychee, probably the combination scent from the key ingredients. It is not bad at all, very fresh and natural smell. I actually quite like it.

Texture:  
First time using this mask was very exciting, as you can see the mask looks kinda mushy + grainy, and in fact it feels just like mash potatoes to me.
The texture looks a bit rough from the picture, but in fact it smooths out very evenly across my face.

Rating: 9.5/10
Compared to the rose face mask, I like this mask a bit more in terms of the cooling minty sensation after the application and has the "instant" perfecting result on my skin. It really brightens, and softens my skin, and tighten pores right after application. I couldn't find if Sephora carries the smaller size (30ml) separately or not (not on Sephora website). Maybe you can try and check it out in the store. Though it is a bit quite pricey, I think it worth the price to purchase. 

3. Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask (Deep Cleansing)
 This is a multi-functional treatment mask for normal to oily skin. This instant purifying mask can also be used as a daily deep cleanser or to minimize small imperfections. It is proven to significantly reduce the appearance of pores and detoxifying skin without stripping it of essential moisture to reveal a balanced, healthy-looking complexion. Some key ingredients include Umbrian Clay (fresh's proprietary ingredient), sandalwood oil, and chamomile flower and lavender water.

 Direction to Apply: 
1. To use as a mask, leave on for 3-5 minutes and rinse. 
2. To minimize small imperfections, dab on affected area, allow to fully dry, and rinse. 
3. To use as a deep cleanser, apply a small amount to damp skin and rinse.
 Price: 30ml - S$35/RM105; 100ml - S$88 /RM260

Scent: 
Since it is a clay mask, it has a very "earthy" smell, fresh and natural. 

Texture: 
It feels dry at first when I tried on my hand, but it does not dry out my face at all. It has the mattifying effect and once it is fully dry there will be a tighten sensation.

 The clay mask actually dries out very fast within minutes after application.
Rating: 9/10
Despite my sensitive skin, I did not experience any redness or stingy feeling upon application, which I usually did with other clay mask. It left me with very refreshing and cleansed face. It doesn't leave my skin dry after rinsing off. It did a good job in clearing pores, reducing their sizes and most importantly getting me a bright, glowy and smooth skin.
The only down side to me is that it is actually a bit hard to apply the mask across my face, because it dries out pretty fast and takes me awhile to spread all over my face. 
However, this wouldn't stop me from repurchasing =)

Overall, I did really enjoy using all these 3 masks, especially I wanted to do a quick mask in few minutes. I hope you find my sharing is useful and helpful.

10 comments


  1. Natural skincare brands
    The best natural skin care brands, natural skincare for acne that represent the very best in green beauty. Products made with a blend of organic, safe and non-toxic ingredients.

    to get more - https://ilcsi-natural-cosmetics.co.uk/natural-cosmetics-products/categories/face-masks-treatments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose petal face mask
    This fragrant gel mask revives the skin as its pectines and flavonoids nourish, tone and hydrate skin. With its regular use skin becomes rosy and healthy.
    to get more - https://ilcsi-natural-cosmetics.co.uk/natural-cosmetics-products/rose-petal-gel-mask-50ml

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose petal face mask

    This fragrant gel mask revives the skin as its pectines and flavonoids nourish, tone and hydrate skin. With its regular use skin becomes rosy and healthy.


    to get more - https://ilcsi-natural-cosmetics.co.uk/natural-cosmetics-products/rose-petal-gel-mask-50ml

    ReplyDelete
  4. You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information. Quality content is what always gets the visitors coming. best epilator for face

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article. face masks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Facial Masks [url=https://www.asseenontvsell.com/covid-19-protect-yourself-with-the-right-face-mask/]Facial Masks[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! face mask earloop

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work sally beauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. yoni pearls instructions

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I’m Sin Nee!
A lifestyle blogger from Malaysia.
Welcome to my little space where I love to share my
thoughts, stories, experiences, and everyday life.
Read more about me here.
© Sinnee's Page. Design by FCD.