[Review] Pure Beauty Pomegranate Urban Shield

March 30, 2017

Attended Pure Beauty Pomegranate Urban Shield launching at Glasshouse Seputeh by Watsons the other day! For those who don't know, Pure Beauty is actually a brand developed and made in Korea. Today, I am going to review some products from this new skin care line of Pure Beauty - Pomegranate Urban Shield for Antioxidant and Anti-Pollution.

We all know that pomegranates are among the healthiest fruits on earth loaded with whole lots of nutrients! Whats better than having this superfood in our daily skin care routine! With the unique combination of antioxidant and youth-boosting active ingredients in Pure Beauty Pomegranate Urban Shield Complex, now you can revive your dull and tired-looking skin. 
Each of these products of Pure Beauty are specifically formulated to revitalize, soothe, and protect the skin while also help to reinforce the skin's natural defenses against external aggressions. 
This new range of Pure Beauty products are available at all Watsons stores nationwide
The upgraded formula of Pure Beauty Pomegranate Urban Shield range comprises fermented Pomegranate extract, Urban Shield Complex, Swiss Radicare, Bulgarian Rose Water and certified organic ingredient. All this formula strengthens skin barrier, revitalizes dull skin, and reveals natural radiance. 

I like the feature that they are having the fermented Pomegranate extract, which is a very powerful antioxidant component that can keep our skin at its healthy and young state. While the Urban Shield Complex consists of the Patented IBR ingredients that are anti-pollution and anti-ageing; GFF (Galactomyces Fermented Filtrate) for ultra-shielding to even skin tone; and Phyto-Placenta for skin rejuvenation and anti-wrinkle
Featuring the Protective Day Lotion SPF 20 (50ml), Renewal Night Cream (50ml), and the Reviving Serum (35ml).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are the three products that I have tried, including the Clarifying Foaming Cleanser, Reviving Serum, and Protective Day Lotion SPF 20.
Clarifying Foaming Cleanser (150ml)
The first step of skin care routine is always cleansing to clean away the dirt, the oil, the impurities on your face. I usually will cleanse my face with cleansing oil / make up remover before using cleanser. 

This Clarifying Foaming Cleanser helps to:
          ♥️  Purify the skin and remove impurities.
          ♥️  Moisturise skin tone.
          ♥️  Strengthen skin barrier and reveal natural radiance.
How To Use:
Apply an adequate amount of foaming cleanser on damp face. 
Work into a lather by massaging in circular motions. 
Rinse with lukewarm water thoroughly. 
Use in the morning and evening.

Texture
It is really foamy, like quality kind of foamy that the foam will stay on your palm for more than one minute. I like this kind of foam cleanser.
You know some of the foam cleanser out there where the foam doesn't even last for few seconds and it disappears. 
So, I would definitely give this a five star for the foamy texture.

Fragrance★★
It has a little fruity and flowery scent. It smells quite fresh to me.
I don't really like flowery scent, but I think the fragrance level should be tolerable for everyone.

Do I Like It? ★★
Yes, I do like this clarifying foaming cleanser for its refreshing result. 
I felt really fresh and hydrated and it is easy to use. 
One little part I not quite fond with was the tiny bit of flowery scent. I would rate it as 4.5/5.0.

Reviving Serum (35ml)
After using cleanser, I will apply a layer of toner to actually complete my cleansing process to remove the dust, pollution, and impurities that can still be lingering after washing with a cleanser. 

Then after toner, I use this Reviving Serum that it can help to:
          ♥️  Penetrate deeply to replenish and repair damage skin.
          ♥️  Improve skin tone.
          ♥️  Boost skin defence for a glowing, youthful-looking complexion. 
How To Use:
Use day and night following clarifying toner.
Apply on perfectly cleansed face, neck, and lower neck line.
Gently massage until fully absorbed.

Texture
I like the texture a lot. It is very soothing, soft, moisturising, and most importantly not oily at all!
Very easy to apply. With a tiny pump I am able to cover quite a large skin area.

Fragrance
Okay, so the fragrance level for this serum is a bit strong at first. But then it evaporates quite quickly.
If you like flowery scent then you probably will like this serum. 
For me, it was quite strong and I am not a good fan of flowery/fruity scent on skin care.
So, I would give it just a three star.

Do I Like It? 
I would rate it as 3.5/5.0 for that I don't really like the fragrance part. 
Other than that I think it was a good serum that able to provide the smooth and glowing complexion on skin.

Protective Day Lotion SPF 20 (35ml)
After applying serum, it's time for day cream during the day and night cream during night time of your skin care routine. This step is important to provide your skin with the perfect hydration and protection throughout the day and night. 

This Protective Day Lotion SPF 20 that I am using can help to:
          ♥️  Minimise harmful effects, e.g. pollution, dusts, UV ray during the day.
          ♥️  Smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
          ♥️  Revitalise skin complexion.
How To Use: 
Using in the morning following Reviving Serum.
Apply on perfectly cleansed and toned face, neck, and lower neck line.
Gently massage into skin.

Texture
I would actually rate it as 4.5/5.0. It was slightly more creamy and oily compared to the reviving serum. However, it does not give me oily finishing after leaving it on my face. It was actually nice and I felt my face was smoother and softer.

Fragrance:
Just like the reviving serum, it has quite a strong scent that I don't really like it.

Do I Like It? 
Given that the fragrance was the only down side, I would still recommend it to others. For those who love flowery and fruity scent of skin care, you should definitely try this skin care for its fine results.

Overall, I do like this upgraded formula of Pure Beauty Pomegranate Urban Shield series.
Would love to try the rest of the products from this series.
More Info:
Pure Beauty Malaysia Facebook
Watson Malaysia Facebook

3 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Multipurpose, purely natural and flexible in their use, Scentveda essential oils gift set makes an ideal for a gift to people of all ages, occupations, and walks of life that will underline your excellent taste! For more details visit our websites https://scentveda.com/ or feel free to contact us 6137699193.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scentveda is a company that has created a brand concept based on pure therapeutic grade, high-quality essential oils , and organic cosmetic and natural cosmetic products utilizing multiple channels of distribution. For more details visit our websites https://scentveda.com/ or feel free to contact us at 6137699193

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I’m Sin Nee!
A lifestyle blogger from Malaysia.
Welcome to my little space where I love to share my
thoughts, stories, experiences, and everyday life.
Read more about me here.
© Sinnee's Page. Design by FCD.